Queer in the San Fernando Valley

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bones 2011 Season Finale

Two points about this season finale really bothered me. First, I think its been 2 seasons since she originally planned on artificial insemination. I would have expected her to be on birth control again. Booth already has a son, if this pregnancy is the driving cause for them to end up together in the next season I have to call bullshit.

Second, the fact that the newborn is not blind also bothers me. They drummed it up the whole season, the parents were prepared for the possibility and then they just shrugged off the whole thing. Talk about people with disabilities not being represented in media and the perpetuation of the idea that a baby will be loved "as long as its healthy," invalidating the experience of parents with a child with disability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have a Bachelor's degree in Language & Cultures/Japanese with Queer Studies minor from CSUN.