Queer in the San Fernando Valley

Saturday, February 7, 2009

On Abstinence Education

Every time we said "use a condom," we were required to follow it up with "but abstinence is the only 100% safe method to prevent pregnancy." So I prepped my younger brother's friend to take advantage of the pre-programmed responses.

When he heard such a statement, he would reply, "So if my boyfriend and I had sex, would he get pregnant or would I?"
Your Ad Here

To which they would answer, "Well, of course you wouldn't get pregnant but you'd be at risk for STI's."

"But we're both virgins," he would exclaim, "So how could either of us have an STI?"

"Some STI's can be transmitted through other means than just sex" would be the standard answer.

"Wait a minute, are you saying that abstinence isn't 100% safe?"

from http://www.bilerico.com/2009/02/abstinence_is_not_100_safe.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have a Bachelor's degree in Language & Cultures/Japanese with Queer Studies minor from CSUN.